The Church of the Holy Spirit posts all open job postings to this website –
openings are posted as they become available.
If there are current job openings, they will be listed below.
If no postings are displayed, there are no job openings at this time.
Thank you for your interest.
Please forward resumes to Letty Spain at email@example.com.
The Director of Finance is responsible for the overall operational, fiduciary, and administration functions of the Business Office, including management of the facilities, plant operations for the parish and school. The Director of Finance will work under the direct supervision of the Pastor in conjunction with the guidelines set forth by the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
- Serves as the resource to the parish and school in all financial matters from planning to auditing
- Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls to assure the safeguarding of assets and
- reliability of financial statements
- Maintain an accurate filing and record-keeping and recording system for all parish and school financial matters; prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for parish and school as well as the Archdiocese of San Antonio as needed
- Assist as a parish contact with financial institutions and the Archdiocese; ensure compliance with any and all financial and contract reporting requirements for private and public funding, licensing, or regulatory agencies, as well as guidelines established by the Archdiocese
- Assist in resolving accounting and financial problems and/or issues
- Ensure complete and up-to-date operating procedures for all accounting and financial controls
- Monitor the collection, counting, recording, and depositing of revenue from all sources
- Prepare, administer and review the budget process to present to the pastor and Finance Council; assist in presenting the budget for Finance Council approval
- Ensure proper preparation for any required audits
- Review all receipts and disbursements; ascertain correct account distribution and ensure all support documentation and approvals are in order
- assist in preparing special financial studies as required
- assist in the planning of financial stewardship and long-range planning
- Supervision of Business Office personnel
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Pastor
- Person of faith and prayer who actively participates in Roman Catholic worship (may be satisfied by a person with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and its mission)
- BA/BS required, MA preferred; CPA preferred or demonstrated equivalent in education and experience
- Understanding of non-profit accounting, bookkeeping, and financial management systems
- Experience with various computer applications, specifically ParishSOFT, Paylocity, Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Previous management/ supervisor experience required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality